Head of Global Coach Operations (m/f/d)
Sharpist is the outcome driven platform for people development powered by coaching. We create aha moments at scale by building the tech ecosystem for personal development in general and leadership coaching in specific. Our coaches and technology work in symbiosis to help our users reaching their personal goals. In a nutshell, Sharpist lets organizations scale worldclass executive coaching to their entire workforce.
BE THE MOST EMPLOYEE CENTRIC – is the mission we live for our users and for our team. We are result driven individuals. Sharpist employees combine backgrounds in conversational design, organizational psychology, e-commerce, machine learning, management consulting, and robot construction 🤖.
We would love to encourage people of all ethnic backgrounds, genders, and sexual orientations to apply for this role.
We are looking for an experienced Operations Team Lead (f/m/x) to manage Sharpist’s Coach Operations, as well as develop and run strategies and processes to assure best experience for our coaches. You are responsible for all activities starting from selection, over quality assurance, to coach retention.
You will create ever growing and scalable programs for our Coaches as you lead the Coach Operations team, work with external providers, and aim for the best possible Coach Experience, by liaising with cross-functional stakeholders. Your excellent management skills will help you successfully grow and enable a highly motivated team to reach their full potential.
How you'll contribute
- Create a vision, strategy, and plan to build scalable Coach Operations programs across the globe and a strong and aligned Coach Operations team.
- You’ll be working closely with your General Manager and the rest of the country teams, while it’s crucial you enjoy being a part of this kind of startup-within-a-startup team while leading your own bits of the operation.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on the performance of all Coach Ops processes and OKRs
- Select, recruit, and train new coaches while assuring high quality and retention of coaches that are already on board.
- Conduct extensive research to gain insights for our short term and long term strategy, connecting Coaches’ needs with the industries and roles they will serve
- Evaluate, initiate, and run strategic partnerships with external vendors to broaden and deliver on program objectives
- Recruit, manage and develop a growing team
- Convert manual operational tasks into automated features
- Work closely with our User Operations team to define best practices and new ways of collaboration
We are looking for people who have:
- 5 to 10 years of overall work experience, with 2+ years of working in a people management role and upscaling entire Operations teams
- Experience in handling third party stakeholders such as suppliers or vendors (in Sharpist’s case our Coaches) and a continuous drive to deliver outstanding customer and user experiences through the work of such third parties, by having a high expectation to your and your team’s work
- Experience in managing an Operations team incl. recruiting, coaching, and developing team members
- Excellent leadership, organizational and problem solving/decision making skills with proven ability to motivate, influence, develop and empower employees to achieve their best
- Experience working in cross functional and fast grown environments
- Fluency in English; German is a plus
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial in nature and comfortable and experienced in change management
- Deep knowledge in process and project management is a must, previous application of operations frameworks such as Lean Six Sigma forms a strong plus
- Abilty to to navigate complex business data and make critical decisions, Check on the results and refinement on further actions.
Make our operating principles your own:
- As a soon-to-be Sharpie you will ambitiously seek opportunities to leave your comfort zone
- A culture where customer outcomes always come first and are higher priority than your personal needs is the culture that you seek to join
- “Excuse” is not part of your vocabulary
- You thrive for taking ownership and making the teams around you “move, move, move”
- Disagree and commit is a principle that you hold high, if this is what it takes to get the job done
- During times of hyper growth, it will be key that you maintain a welcoming and caring mindset in your teams that builds on psychological safety
How we invest in your development:
- Working hours that best fit your productivity
- Supportive, agile cross-functional team including the management team
- Of course, free Coaching, free mate, free beers, free muesli
- Investments in your professional development
- Market-competitive salary