Senior Data Engineer (f/m/x)
Berlin, Berlin, GermanyTECH
We are a disrupting start-up on a journey to deliver measurable business outcomes to our clients through our bespoke digitised 1:1 coaching solution.
As Europe’s leading solution for personalized people development, we believe that learning is an important right everyone should have access to, and as such, we combine the individual employee’s needs with the demand for worldwide scalability of global organizations.
We bet on unparalleled user engagement driven by 1:1 human interaction with a coach and a digital learning journey that makes personal growth transparent, measurable, and enjoyable.🚀
As Senior Data Engineer (m/f/x), you are responsible for advancing our product capabilities to offer cognitive control to our customers and users by developing and advancing data reporting and recommendation products. You are fully integrated into our engineering team and supporting us in enhancing our digital platform. Be the point person for all things data in the organisation, and shape the role of data in lifelong learning/personal development. You are an autonomous Self Starter and a team player who is able to consistently deliver quality work despite the ambiguity and uncertainty of the startup context
💙 We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage everyone of all ages, genders, ethnic backgrounds, and sexual orientations to apply for this role. 🙂
What you'll do here at Sharpist
Within 1 month you will…
Onboard into the Sharpist Data Toolset and Pipeline
Contribute to the current development process
Within 1 quarter you will…
Establish best practices for integrating data services in our current tech infrastructure
Challenge and level up our Data and ETL infrastructure
Within 1 year you will…
Have enhanced and improved our data processes with clean, efficient, and well integrated solutions
And then, what's next?
Gain more and more responsibility in an ever-growing, start-up organization with the possibility of expanding the team and leading the development of machine learning projects
Please tell us ;)
- Maintain existing data pipelines, ensure they run smoothly and the data is not stale, changing the existing data infrastructure as needed.
Maintain existing coach matching algorithm, and develop/prototype ways to improve it
- Support other teams in becoming more data-driven, and share data expertise across the organisation, ensuring, through your work, that our data infrastructure is compatible with the strategic needs of the company
- Scope and develop new product metrics, dashboards and analyses/reports based on stakeholder discussions (particularly with product and internal teams)
- Research and brainstorm new metrics and ways to make the product more data-driven together with internal stakeholders
- Develop and maintain metrics and dashboards/reporting to support decision-making in other teams, as well as to evaluate whether releases/product launches have been successful
- Train colleagues on how metrics are defined and calculated, and our infrastructure
- 4+ years experience as an analytics engineer/data analyst/scientist preferably in a fast-paced startup
- Developing metrics and setting up new reporting and dashboarding tools
- Working with and shaping ideas together with a broad range of stakeholders: excellent project management and ability to simplify/communicate complex concepts
- Prior experience working in a cross-functional tech team and/or working closely with a product team is a plus
- Conversant with dashboarding tools (e.g. Looker studio), data modelling and engineering (knowledge of DBT, DBT Labs, Airflow etc.), data warehouse management (e.g. Google Bigquery) stack
- Good knowledge of statistics and preferably experience in the L&D space
- Solid command of SQL and Python, knowledge of other programming languages is a plus
What we offer...
- A market-competitive salary
- Flexible working hours (hybrid work) that best suit your way of working
- Uncapped vacation policy: you decide how many paid vacation days you need and take!
- A modern office with your own L&D library, mate drink, beer, cereal, etc. in Berlin, Neukölln
- Free language lessons in English and German with Chatterbug
- And, of course, free & unlimited sessions with your certified Sharpist coach and full access to our learning platform! 🚀
Apply now if this captures your interest and you want to take part in the personalization of learning for every employee worldwide.
We are excited to get to know you!